
So today I took Mr. Fuzzy to the vet for his annual shots and checkup. Normally taking an animal to the vet would just be a minor speedbump in someone's day; however when I take Mr. Fuzzy to the vet it's an all day event. First, he cannot eat AT ALL the day of his appt. Then 45 minuted before his appointment, I have to give him kitty Valium in effort to calm his nerves. (Last year he attacked the nurse, screamed like a child for 30 minutes, and slashed my hand open with his teeth.)The veterinarian's office gave me an ultimatum, either sedate Fuzz or don't come back. Anyways, after Fuzzy's meds I had to prepare some type of transport device to actually get him into the clinic. I decided on stuffing his blanket into a tote bag and then placing Mr. Fuzzy in the bag so that his head could stick out. At this point the kitty Valium had kicked in. Fuzz and I headed to the car and finally made it. The clinic was completely ready for us. They had a room completely ready and waiting so that Fuzzy couldn't hurt anybody/thing in the waiting area. One hour and 2 shots later we were done! This time it only took 2 nurses and a doctor to hold Fuzzy down. Now Fuzzy is doing fine! He is currently sleeping off the meds. Luckily I only have to do this once a year!
No comments:
Post a Comment